Cross rams

Quoting "Imperial59crown@xxxxxxx" <Imperial59crown@xxxxxxx>:

> Excuse my ignorance, but what is a cross rams? Never heard of this term
>
> related to an Imperial before.
> Bill '59 Crown

Corss rams is a special intake manifold designed and offered by Chrysler for
the 413s.  This manifold combines performance design features normally found
only in port injection intake manifolds with the simplicity of a carburated
manifold.  This is called "tuned" manifold, and one can improve volumetric
efficiency (possibly over 100%) with the tuning effect.  The bad news is that
the tuning is most effective for one engine speed, and the effects trail off as
you deviate more from that speed (and can actually can reduce performance for
speeds too far from the target speed, wither too high or too low).  As a
result, the tuned manifold needs to be matched with the right cam.  It was
called cross ram because it consisted of long runners, and two 4 barrel
carburators.  The carb on the left fed the right bank and vice versa.

As a side note, all modern engines use port fuel injection (some direct
injection) and tuned intake manifolds.

D^2