61 Imp in Canada

--- Henry Hopkins <hhrp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thought this info might be of some Interest to the
> list.  Perhaps some of you are aware of this car and
> have heard of cross rams on an Imperial??  Of
> course, it could be done, but this fellow implied
> that it came from the dealer with the cross rams.

I think it's entirely possible that this is true.
However, you hit the nail on the head, Henry -- it
most likely came from the DEALER with the cross rams
installed.

I seriously doubt that any Imperials left the assembly
line with the cross rams (but it was possible, 'cause
in the '60s, you could order dang near anything).  But
it would have been very easy for buyers to have
requested them and have the dealer install them.

So, does this make it an "original" part for the car?
Well, if the cross rams were installed by the dealer
before the car was sold, then why not?  :o)

Either way, it would be a groovy item to see and
drive.

Neat story!  Thanks for sharing this one!

Elijah