Please Welcome Quintin Villanueva

New Subscriber(s): Quintin Villanueva
Email Address is: qlv@xxxxxxx
Member Location: Palm Desert, California

Car(s) owned: 1953 Imperial, Green with light green interior. Front rugs
need replacing.

Self-Introduction: I inherited my Imperial from my late brother in law who
was an old car buff had a number of old cars.  The Imperial was his
favorite.  The car has been in our family since 1955, it had only one owner
before my bother in law, and now me. After his passing the car laid dormant
for years. My wife and I drove it cross country from New Jersey and it is
now in Palm Desert CA, where it enjoys the sun.  It needs a some work on the
upholstery and floor rugs. It leaks transmission fluid, slowly, it needs
fixing. The paint is in good shape considering its long exposure to eastern
weather. It's great when the grandkids come to visit and we all go out on a
family drive.  The Imperial turns a lot of heads. At one time I thought
about selling it but realized that I now have a love affair going with my
Imperial.  I am not a mechanic but I have access to a pretty good one and he
helps me when I have a problem. The hood is a bit out of line and I'm
looking for a competent body man who can straighten it out
e first Godfather picture and can be seen in several scenes.  Unfortunately,
there is no documentation other than my sister remembers when it was rented
by the filming company. I am so glad I found this web site and Chrysler
Club.  I could use some advice and suggestions on how/where to get the
uphostery and rugs replaced and how to stop the transmission leak.
I am also having a problem with the three year old battery holding a
charge..but that could be caused by the hot weather here in the desert.  I
look forward to making new friends on this web site. I also own 1 1949
Cadillac and my wife and I have been to several Caddy get togethers....we
hope we can find similar acitivity for our Imperial.