Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 5:12 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: Please WELCOME Steve Sweet (1955)

Welcome To the List;
  One point though, if your car is a four door hardtop then it can't be a
1955 Imperial. The Chrysler Corporation only made two door hardtops from
1950 to 55' so your car would have to be a 1956 Southampton. The 1955 and
earlier Chrysler and Imperial two door hardtops were usually called
"Newports" not to be confused with Chrysler's entry level model from the
late 60's. There should be a plate on the firewall with a model number on it
along with the paint codes and options that the car was fitted with, that
will give you the information on year.
 As to what kind of clothing an Imperial owner would have worn then I would
expect that a suit and tie with hat would have been in order. After all
these cars were sold to doctors, corporate executives, and even statesmen or
aristocrats. Today you can ware anything you like but remember that you can
get into the car without knocking your fedora off, so take advantage of it.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport (With hat height entry and chair height seats)
Needing A Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.

P.S Have you thought of using a Cadilac Norstar or Lexus engine in a rod?
Apparently they are both hemis.
Respond off the list to this one.