58 AFB Carb

Thanks for the info. They say that the choke rod that goes through the carb is frozen & the choke is too. The rear throatsmwill not open to make it a four barrel
I'm not the sharpest this AM, but I know what I mean. Will take your advise and buy the one on eBay, as well as get this on rebuilt by a different shop. I've lost total faith in the first shop and will no longer deal with them.
Denis, Redwood City, Ca.

Denis,

Sorry to hear of your carburetor troubles.  May I assume your existing one has been declared dead?  You may want to get a second opinion.  Mine was declared dead and I've been using it, rebuilt, for two years now.  Mine was a so-called structural defect in one of the mounting tabs, so our circumstances are probably different.