Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 10:04 PM
Subject: IML: Heads up on HL switches

I don't have a parts book, but if it has prongs sticking out the back of it,
it isn't a headlight switch for a 67/68.  The HVAC "rear air" or "rear heat"
control switch is a much more likely use for the 2771122.

The headlight switch comes with an attached harness, no prongs.

Chris's point about the headlight switch function being slightly different
between 67 and 68 (the park lights are on with the headlights, on the 68, I
think he said) is most likely accomplished by a change to the wiring harness
which is part of the switch assembly (thus the different part number for the
assembly) - I believe either year switch will work fine in either year car.
To get the park lights to come on with the headlights, one would have to
move one wire - the parking light wire - from the park light terminal of the
headlight switch to the tail light terminal.  The two I rebuilt recently
were a 67 and a 68, the switches themselves were identical - I didn't think
to check to see what the difference was in the little harness.

Dick Benjamin
-----