Kerry's Patch Panels

Sorry Kerry, Impcops;
 It appears that I opened up a real can of worms with that one, now everyone's lining up to buy them. All that as was curious about was how patch panels were made? I am sort of a do it yourself type with many things but know little about forming sheet metal. I have heard, though, that you can make a crude die out of concrete for forming fenders but how they went about it is another matter.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.