Hi Nathaly welcome to the IML. I am also a 58 Imperial owner. I own a white
Crown coupe that is also in non-running condition. I might have had it
running by now except I faced a tough ecomonic situation after 9/11 when I
lost my job. I have since finished my college education and I'm working to
launch a successful career. My Imperial has taught me plenty. Before I bought
her, I knew nothing about mechanical work and I used to hire mechanics to do
everything for me (even oil changes). Doing a restoration in this kind of way
can wreak havoc on your budget and your bank account. Last year, my father
and I dismantled the 392 until we left nothing but a bare block in the engine
compartment. Our next goal is to pull the block to re-ring the stuck pistons.
The point is that I found that working on the car was actually fun. You may
not be mechanically inclined, but then again neither am I. If you give
yourself a chance, you'll find out that sometimes things look more
complicated than they actually are. However if you still believe that you
should leave your engine work to an experienced mechanic, then that is also a
viable option. What is important is to get that beautiful car running. I can
speak from experience that they are not as fun sitting on the driveway
immobile. I wish you the best of luck in finding a good mechanic that will do
justice to your Imperial. Have a nice day.
Doug
58 Crown coupe