Generator cradle here!! Inquiry on { 2-4barrel set-up 55 }

Generator cradle here!! Inquiry on { 2-4barrel set-up 55 }

Hi D^2
When I bought the car in Texas I took a calculated risk of driving it home to Philadelphia. The engine ran smooth and quite. On hills or on startups it reminded me of my old VW.There was no kick down or passing gear to help on upgrades.Thats were your suspicion fits in with maybe faulty carburetor. Any way I made it home with no problems, except my right leg was sore from keeping the accelerator on the floor to maintain 65 mph, that's all she rode. So I decided to create more breathing room for her. Out came the oilbath air filter  --carb -- intake manifold and the old 1/3-4 " exhaust pipes.{ Now 2 / 1/4 "} I was aware that the camshaft might give me some grief if I stomp on it at a light or any other startups. That's why I stayed with the smallest  # cfm carb available. This formula  is working for me quite satisfactorily she runs well in the triple didgets.  Since Dough with his 58 wanted to hear from  other Imperial owners about a conversion from single to dual carburetors
I thought I tell him how it feels and sounds like it with 8 venturies.
As always I enjoy and value your contributions to us .
Sincerely Dieter  55Newport

Ps I wish I had a 392 under my hood           maybe some day