Generator cradle here!! Inquiry on 2-4barrel set-up

Generator cradle here!! Inquiry on 2-4barrel set-up

Doug;
 By all means, if you think that you can pick up a dual quad intake manifold
on the cheap go ahead. The problem in doing this is a little more then
simply changing the cam and manifold, you also need the proper carburetors
for it along with proper linkage. Multiple carb setups need to be linked in
such a way that so each pair of barrels engages in stages with increasing
r.p.m from the engine, otherwise it will flood.
It can also be a bear to tune an engine equiped this way and time consuming,
its real easy for it to run too rich or too lean at the wrong time if its
not set up right.
  My advise to you would be to get the engine fixed up and running properly
in stock formation first so you will have a reference. If after driving it
for a while you still find it sluggish or gutless then start thinking about
swapping carb setups. Its not really a big deal if you do change over, you
can always change it back, but I don't think that is going to be necessary
or fruitful unless you fancy high speed driving. Not to mention the car will
become a real gas pig around town.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.
P.S Glad to hear that you found another generator cradle. If not I would
have suggested perusing the local swap meets, generators turn up quite
often.