Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2002 6:16 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: wipers and sway bar

Hi all,

Yesterday I took my 83 to my nephew's wedding.  It was a beautiful day.  (We've already started having some cold ones, in the 40s Wed night. *sigh*.)

I notice that more and more, people are starting to notice my Imp and make comments.  I am guessing that it is getting old enough to look different?  maybe the new wheel covers?  8-)

Anyway, the right rear sway bar bracket is still broken.  However, this is what I came up with.  I took a piece of heavy rubber pipe insulation, covered with a piece of old carpet, and tie-wrapped them to the sway bar where it meets the frame.  Works like a charm.  You would never know anything was wrong.  The only time it clunked was over some good-sized bumps, and that was with my wife and I, and brother and sister-in-law in the car.

During the reception it clouded up and started raining.  So, on the way home I got to try out my new wiper part.  The wipers work better than they ever have!  They used to vary as far as how far they 'travelled' on the glass, and would not always 'park' correctly.  I am guessing that the 'goofy plastic part' was wearing out for a long time.

One problem remains though.  The delay feature does not work.  That was annoying as, when the rain let up, I had to keep turning the wipers on and off.

I have not looked in the manual yet.  Anyone know if the delay is an easy fix?

Oh, yeah, I was going to be in a car show today.  Ha.  It's thundering as I type this.

8-(

Dan Wing
Imp1983@xxxxxxx

Marcy, NY, USA