1973 and me this last weekend

I bought a new bushing from the local parts store and pressed out the old
one and pressed in the new one on my 1972 no problem at all. If it is only
the bushing(that is usually what goes) it should cost you $20 or $30 .I
believe the part number is Moog K7046. And you need a basic hydraulic press.
I bought one for about $150.00. Should have had one 20 years ago. Eliminates
so much screwing around. I will look around and see

Robin Giesbrecht

What's left?

I need to keep looking for a cheapskate way around the $250 they want to
rebuild my idler arm (steering).  These things are just not available
locally (anywhere?) and I have to send mine out for a rebuild, according
to the local parts-shop gentry.  Any leads would be appreciated.

I'm looking for a really nice rear bumper, but they all seem to be
somewhere besides California.  Please keep an eye out for one with good
chrome that's "around".

Also, when the car is shifted to reverse with a foot on the brake, it
makes a rhythmic knocking sound.  It has just started to do this in
forward at rest with the brake, and there is harsh driveline vibration
(perhaps unrelated) drive-shaft 90MPH.

I'm suspecting that it is either a driveshaft in need of balancing and new
joints, or I have a bad set of trans/motor mounts.  The engine tends to
move around a bit at idle, so I'm planning to dive under the caappreciate
around.

Been there already and have a tip?  I'd appreicate whatever you already
know on this portion of my challenge.