1990 AIR SUSPENSION

Your options will depend on which air suspension you have.  If the car has
only rear air suspension, replace the shocks with either standard shocks for
a Dodge Dynasty/Chrysler New Yorker or find aftermarket air shocks.

If you have 4 wheel air suspension, a bit more work will be involved.  You
will need front struts from an 88, 89 or 90 larger Chrysler or Dynasty to
replace the air struts.  You will need coil springs from the same type of
car, then shocks as mentioned for the first option.  I used

Keep in mind, if looking for parts, you need 1990 and earlier for a 1990
model car as the front suspension on FWD Chryslers was changed in 1991 and
the parts may not interchange.

I've performed this modification on my 1990 Imperial, replacing parts for
all four wheels and the power steering rack with parts form a Dodge Dynasty
which just got now shocks, struts and a remanufactured PS rack then was hit
in the rear.  I had less than $100 invested in parts but did have some time
involved, maybe 8 hours pulling and replacing everything.  Even with the
Dynasty springs and shocks, it sits level.  I'd guess it probably will sag
when fully loaded.

I want to restore the air suspension sometime, but I had to have the car
drivable for emissions and the like.

Mark
mark.swingle@xxxxxxxxx
1990 Chrysler Imperial