82 Imperial Headliner removal.

Phil,

I can't help you with the rear shelf but please impress on your trim shop
guys
how delicate the headliner shell is, it takes a lot of time and patience to
remove
all the trim from inside the car so that the headliner can be removed.

The best way i found to get the headliner out of the car is to lower the
passenger door window fully then recline the passengers seat back all
the way and gently coax the liner out, it's not easy and can't be rushed
as if any pressure is put on the liner it will fall apart. Both front seat
belts
must be removed completely otherwise they will get in the way.

I retrimmed my 82 a couple of months ago so i know how delicate the
headliners can get after 20 years of life, my carpet is light grey in colour
or quicksilver as Chrysler called it which being light hasn't shown much
fading so still matches the carpet well enough.

I found a cardboard tag on my carpet which says that the original carpet
was made by J.P.Stephens & Co Inc. the location is illegible unfortunately.

Neil 82 Imp
London, England.