Hypothetical Vs. Actual Values(Was 55 Imperial not sold on Ebay)

Hypothetical Vs. Actual Values(Was 55 Imperial not sold on Ebay)

Well, sir, perhaps you know everything about old cars, and the $29,000.
listed showroom condition was not an ad as you say, it was listed as
comparative values in one of the car mags.  If you'd like I'll look it up and
send it to you, obviously someone knows something about car prices in the
mags. or they wouldn't be in print, but then maybe they should come to you
and ask first.  If I'd known you know so much about car values and prices I
would certainly have written and asked you.  I can't say that I know any more
than you, however, in trying to come to some decision on whether or not I was
paying too much I needed to have something to go by as I would think that
other collectors do also; therefore, a lot of us refer to the car magazines
for guidance.  I know quite well about supply and demand, I've been in
business 31 years, sir, and I'm not starving yet.  I've never cheated anyone
in business either.  If someone asks a fair price for something, in my mind,
that's what you pay.  I don't believe in beating people down into the dirt
over money.  Perhaps their short-sightedness, though!
Respectfully, David Frye