Skewed values of Imperials

Neal Herman is right about our Imperials and Chryslers.  I have collected
for years, and I do not see the situation changing as to values.  The cars
are obscure to most mere mortals.  The working class cars were always
chevies and fords and a few people stepped up to pontiacs and chevies in the
50's and 60's.  It was rare to see anyone in a Cadillac that I know in those
days.  My friends all drove chevies or fords, and occasional Olds 88,
because it was fast.  My leaning toward bid Chryslers was established by my
older brother and brother in law.  When it came time for me to get my first
car, I hunted down a seven-year-old Windsor Covert, a 50 model in 57 and had
to restore it, but it is what I wanted.  Then came the 52 New Yorker, then
the 52 Imperial hardtop.  Still many fond memories of that car!  I found one
just a town or two away that is currently not for sale, as it was the boy's
grandfather's car and he wants to restore it some day.  I have my doubts, as
the car sits outside, uncovered and forlorn, and that is a shame!  I will
try again, as it is the dead of winter here, and most folks are not thinking
too much about cars.  My meager collection consists of an 8l and 82
Imperial, 5 cordobas from 77 to 8l. My son likes the barracudas and darts,
and has way too many!  I made a list sometime back of the Chryslers in my
life, and it was very long!  From the 50, up to the 82 Imp, I could account
for 46!  I am sure there were others that were purchased just for parts.
ONe last anecdote and I'll shut up:  Was driving my latest pride in my
misspent youth, a nearly new XK-E and met a family I knew on the street
sitting next to me.  They asked what kind of car it was, how much it was,
and then, without hesitation said,"Gee, you could have bought a Cadillac for
that much money!".  So, you see, everyone has a different idea of what is a
great car, and isn't that great?  Happy Holidays!  Ron Stephenson