Heater Diagnosis Anyone?

Seasons Greetings, Imperialists!

Here's a question regarding the heater in my '59.  Having replaced the core this summer I was expected to be toasty all winter in my Crown, but now the following is happening:  When I first start out in the morning, the heater works great, but when I hit the freeway, it grows colder and colder until I stop again, then it warms up.  If I stop completely for a few minutes, it sometimes works fine the rest of the day, then again it works until I hit a high speed.

Is the heater valve the culprit?  That's all I can think of--sluggish flow or something?  Are these obtainable without difficulty if that's the prob?  I'll appreciate any opinions as I have never had anything like this happen before.

Happy Holidays,

Rex Crews  '59 Crown