dubious 67 Crown Convert on eBay

My, what an interesting "restoration" this is...

According to the sellers, "This car is FULLY RESTORED and looks like new.
You have to visit us and see that this is the best Imperial you have ever
seen. We are not very familiar with Classic cars, so the best way to answer
all your questions is to come to us."

So, what's with...
 - the wide whitewalls and fuzzy dice (1957 sockhop meets 1975 Superfly)
 - the missing side spears and front bumper reveals
 - the missing hood ornament
 - the odd pattern in the "leather" upholstery"
 - the incorrectly painted wheel covers
 - the incorrectly adjusted front torsion bars (undignified ride height)
 - the missing pie pan in the air cleaner cover
 - the incorrectly painted (or unpainted) taillamp "grilles"
 - the pushed-in front bumper
 - the Hartz cloth top
 - the aftermarket cruise control
 - unrestored engine compartment crossmember (radiator support)
 - missing A/C compressor tag (c'mon, how hard are *they* to find!?)

Granted, this doesn't look like a wreck, but it's just not worthy of the
superlatives of the seller. Looks like a clean car with a new white paint
job (wonder what color it was born?) and most of its trim removed. And if I
look carefully, it appears that both the headlamps and parking lamps are on
in one shot, suggesting some post-factory re-wiring of stuff, too.

But hey, put another $7,000 into it, find the missing trim, fix all the
details, and it could be the best Imperial you have ever seen!

By the way, Dick, did you grab its VIN for your A/C vs AutoTemp database?
It's YM27K73139224, and being a Crown Convertible, manual A/C of course.

Chris in LA