why gm anything? anyport in a storm

about 8 yrs back I took old reliable - the 64 lebaron out for a drive, we
went from Mpls, St Paul  down to Galveston that fine spring day. coming out
of Galveston  some where in rural Texas where there was an entire town
devoted to the bail bonds .......( you ring we spring ) and no nappa, red
roosterm, checker auto .The brakes failed -
the rear cylinder imploded wwhen I braked for a cop. Anyway it was Easter
sunday and no mechanics - but there was a chevy camero affectionatio who was
gracious enough to help out this yankee girl and get me on the road to open
up my bussness on Mon morning, I am very greatful that he was able to help
me out. - so don't be too much a of a pureist