Something goes wrong again*

Well, I do have a light on my rear license plate again.  To say the project
of replacing the bulb was a farce would be an understatement.  My ever
present friend, Murphy, was with me all the way.  As they were cheap, I
bought two different styles of plate illuminator, as the original is beyond
my meager capacity for repair.  One was remarkably close in appearance to
the correct part.  Naturally, it did not work.  The other was essentially
too big for the space, involved the use of the original bracket, which it
did not really fit and for which one of the original retention clips was
lost in the attempt to remove the stripped bolt.

Attempting to make everything tight was an exercise in futile gymnastics and
much cursing.  Fortunately, my neighbour, indeed most Texans seem to find my
proficiency in profanity more amusing than disturbing, except of course, my
good wife, who was inveigled into some brief assistance much against her own
will.

I shall smile broadly at the next police cruiser I see, now that my car is
closer to being almost legal.

Hugh

* The Buzzcocks.  (My very own personal theme song.)