Battery going dead (was: Re: IML: blank)

Battery going dead (was: Re: IML: blank)

I know this has been suggested to you before, but unless I missed it, you
haven't yet done it:

Disconnect the battery next time you are done driving the car for the day,
then reconnect it again the next day or whenever you are going out in it
again. If it will start that way, something is staying on in the car and
running the battery down overnight.

As  long as you don't forget to disconnect it each time you park it for an
extended time, you can use the car that way indefinitely, until you find
what is stuck on.  It could be any of the circuits that are powered all the
time.  In a 67, this includes the power windows and seats, so make sure they
all work properly and all the switches are returned to their center position
when you park.  This also includes the power antenna - does it work right?
And the trunk light, along with all the interior lights including the map
light - a famous culprit on these cars.  And of course the glove box and
rear reading lights.   Make sure there isn't a piece of debris in one of the
4 cigarette lighter sockets - these are also hot all the time.

I don't think you have yet responded with your VIN and AC type to our survey
of these items - could I ask you to take a look for me please, and respond
privately if you wish.    As you've probably noted ad-nauseum, I need only
the first three digits of the sequence number (after the Y?43K73), and a
description of the body type, plus a count on the vent levers.

Thanks for helping us sort out this mystery on the 1967s.

Dick Benjamin