The carburetor works!

I got off work early today so I still had enough daylight to bolt my carburetor back on. The car started in only five tries with the carburetor all dry. I let it idle for a while and then took it out for a drive. My idle was too high, but I no longer felt a bogging out on start up. I took it for a little drive, and noticed that it was not as fast as it was before. I think it maybe getting too much gas now which is accounting for the poor performance. I didn't have time to adjust the screws yet, and bring down the idle, but will do that tomorrow, and see if that makes a difference.
Bill '59 Crown