Favorite Car with semi-automatic

Hi All,
I have a 50 Town and Country with the Fluid Drive transmission.  When I
purchased the car from the second owners widow I drove the car home with the
clutch.  I continued to drive the car this way until one day a friends dad
said why are you driving the car with the clutch.  I said because its there.
  He said that he learned how to drive on a 48 Chrysler and that if he
remembered right you did not need the clutch once you had it in gear.  We
jumped in the car and at the first stop he said don't use the clutch.  Sure
enough the car did not stall and from then on I knew how to drive a semi
automatic.  The car shifts great and the only draw back between it and my 54
Imperial with full auto is that the exceleration is very slow on take off.
Once in second gear or forth as it is in high the car flys down the road.
Ken