'81-'83 digital dash speed limit

I wondered about this one myself. It seems it should be possible. It goes
over 85 in kph right? Plus my 2.2 turbos with digital dashes all had 199 mph
speedos. Even an '84, but my '83 Imp wouldn't budge over 85 even in happier
times. I hoped to use the '84 Laser or '85 Lebaron GTS gauges, but it seems
like a lot of trouble to pull them off the gauge pack, so for now that
project is on the shelf.
ROb