Not Firing

The same thing happened to me in my 64 the other week.
 Turned out that the capacitator (small cyclinder
bolted on by one of the coil mounting bolts and wired
to the coil) shorted out internally and shut down the
car.  I had no idea this thing could shut down the
car.   The capacitator showed no external signs of
failure.  The problem was only identified with a
voltmeter.  I think its only purpose is to supress
electrical interference with radio reception.  Thus,
by disconnecting it, the car may fire up.

Hope your problem is as simple as this.  I replaced a
few of the regular parts until identified this with
the help of a friend.

Rob

rob1964cc@xxxxxxxxx