Rust Repair

I know these products do not work well with a clean rust free surface. This brings you a question. If I have a frame that is a little rusty with most of the paint lifting, what is the best prep? Do I just use a quick stroke of the wire brush remove the oil and then paint? Or would the product work better if I blasted the frame and let some surface rust appear before I painted? Seems this might give a move uniform surface for it to bite into. I think my problem is I over prep the surface.
Charles

Changed your e-mail? Keep your contacts! Use this free e-mail change of address service from Return Path. Register now!