82 Imp dies when put in gear

Check all the obvious connections, make sure your air cleaner is on tight with
no leaks, Check the connector to the new O2 sensor. Check your timing, look for
exhaust leaks, let's see.......there are a million things to look at! Can you
be more specific? Did it ever run smooth? What gooey stuff did you scrape out?
It shouldn't be gooey! Maybe that module with the goo just isn't any good