Straight 8 Water Distribution Tube

Kerry, and All,

On my '38 the tube had a somewhat "D" shaped cross section.  It ran the
length of the engine and had holes in it to allow water to flow into the
length of the engine.  It is inserted from the front of the block with
the end of the tube flush inside the water pump.  The pump moves the
water throughout the engine, in the normal manner, and also forces water
into the water distribution tube.

The engine block is fairly long and this arrangement assures that the
rear of the block gets adequate flow.
If I had kept my car longer I probably would have had to change it out.
At one time I removed the water pump to change the gasket and I could see
that the tube was pretty rusted.  The original was only made of mild
steel.

4 - Toes