I will save a '77 NYB for an IML member

On a somewhat related story to the message I posted last night...

I've recently come across a '77 New Yorker 4drhtp in the Phoenix area. The car has only 64,000 miles, original paint, and a real good body. The exterior/interior is white (leather), and could be nice with some elbow-grease (no major tears, leather is still soft). The white vinyl top is in great shape. Of course being a Phoenix car, the body/undercarriage doesn't have a SPECK of rust.

This looks like a car that was probably a real nice grandpa ride until two years ago, when the "wrong" people got ahold of it. With a lot of cleaning, it could be an excellent driver. Luckily for the car, the Lean-Burn system crapped out before the most recent owners could do much damage (by driving it).

Looks pretty well optioned, and everything seems to work. I'm told the a/c does too. (Likely, considering how much you NEED a/c @ 115 degrees).

I know I could get this car on the cheap, and with a little effort have it running again (sans Lean-Burn). However, I really can't justify adding another land-yacht to my fleet; so...

Is anyone interested in a purchase at $1000? Coming from the rust belt myself, I would have killed for a car this clean. Replacing weatherstriping sure beats the hell out of welding on 1/4 panels! I can also offer shipping to Detroit for $500 via Reliable Carriers (that's a deal for 2000 mile shipping).

This car is way too nice to end up in a junkyard, and I hate to see it destroyed for somebody's plum-crazy '75 Dodge Dart bondo-wagon 440 project, but I can't turn my house into a C-body shelter either (at least not my Phoenix house :-)

E-mail me privately @ mopowered@xxxxxxx if you're interested.

Carmine F.