Derby Guys and Sale Ads

Carmine,
I saw your posting regarding derby guys and sale ads.  I have struggled with
how to best handle postings from people who seem to be looking for Imperials
to wreck, or have stripped shells to sell.  Since I have been one of the
people who scans the ads and provides info to Manuel on what needs to go, I
have spent some time looking at each ad to determine its merit.

When I look at the ads, if it seems that the true intent of the ad is to find
an Imperial to wreck, I will forward the posted ad to Manuel to be deleted.
Some ads are not so direct and those tend to stay.  The ads offering shells
for sale with no drive trains tend to be a tougher one to screen.  I know
that many of those shells have been stripped and are ready for a derby.  The
approach I have taken is if these cars are purchased by someone on the IML
and the sheetmetal is used in a restoration, then there is merit in keeping
those ads posted.  IF the car is complete and just missing a drivetrain and
someone buys the car and has a drivetrain to install then the ad has merit.
I think we all know of Imperials that have become motor donors for muscle car
projects.  I figure if someone out there has a 440 to install in an Imperial
to keep it on the road then its worth the space in the sale section.

I am happy that you are out there saving Imperials and other "C" body Mopars.
 These cars do need to be saved and appreciated for what they are.  I'm glad
you brought this question forward.  If there is any other ideas on what to do
with the derby postings  please email me privately at    mntwin1@xxxxxxxx

Happy motoring

Dale
68 Crown Coupe