What's wrong with my small block? (long)

What's wrong with my small block? (long)

possible cracked block or blown head gasket,,or cracked head...they will
run just fine with heater hoses bypassed or blocked off,,.mabey cracked
head,,thumping is more troubling,,sounds like a rod bearing,,a lose
bearing will be quiet until the oil warms up and cant take up the extra
clearance anymore,,id think about a rebuilt or good used
engin..overheated like that usually if no other problems arise they will
burn oil from there on because the excess heat takes the temper out of
the rings,,and warps the surfaces and cylinders..heres your chance for a
360,,,,,rick,,,