Rebuild Build 440 or buy new?

  I'm not rebuilding the engine because of the fire.  The fire wasn't that
big, I just think it is time to freshen it up.  I want to put a front end
kit in it and change the heads to unleaded.  While it is down I figured I
would rebuild it or just put a new engine in it.  I just want it done right.
  What year did they first start making cars with numbers matching
engine/trans combos?  Thanks.

Ken
1966 Imperial Crown Coupe