Silver meets her demise...?

Mike Pittinaro (mechimike@xxxxxxxxx) said:
>After stopping to
>meet fellow '67 owner Tim Klein (which was going to be
>the focal point of my message, since we had a blast in
>little old Rye, NY) I gassed up and headed into
>Connecticut.

I rarely get to see other Imperials, so it was great to do
a side-by-side with another '67.  I'm glad you stopped by.
But man, if I'd known what was in store for you later that
day, I'd have offered to give you a ride up to Cape Cod
myself!  Serious breakdowns are bad enough in themselves,
let alone when you're hundreds of miles from home.

>Unless I get very lucky, I have an ominous feeling
>that this may be the end for Silver.

Oh man, I hope not. :-(

>   I've been quite
>patient with the car- poured money into it by the
>bagful, most of it for mechanical repairs.  But I
>can't justify $3000 for a rebuild.  No way.

This might be a good time to remind everybody that Mike
is the world's only known source of reproduction cornering
lenses for '67 Imperials.  I bought one set from the first
production run and liked them so much, I bought another one
to squirrel away for the future.  They're quite gorgeous!
I think you may still be able to get in on the second (final?)
run.  His classified ad appears here (search for "mechimike"):
http://www.imperialclub.com/classifieds/Parts_For_Sale.html

Anyway, best of luck with the repairs, Mike.  I hope it
turns out be less serious than it seems.

Tim Klein
'67 Crown 4DHT
Rye, New York