More On vehicle locality codes

Bob, Charlie;
 Search warrants can only be issued by a judge in a criminal case, I hardly
think that restoring an Imperial is criminal. Think about this, a city
bureaucrat goes before a judge and asks;" Judge, we have reason to believe
that this fellow is restoring an antique car somewhere on his property. The
car used to be in the driveway but isn't visible anymore so we would like to
get a search warrant to see if its still there." In the midst of sorting
through requests for search warrants for drug, murder, and stolen property
cases what do you think the judge's response might be? Motor vehicle laws
are provincial or state jurisdiction not local, the local laws are usually
to do with zoning or cleanup. No mess or black market shop, no case.
 This was likely a case of a neurotic neighbour not liking his choice of
hobby but rather then talking to him about it the neighbour went running to
the government. Combine this with some overzealous municipal bureaucrats
that don't have anything better to do and you get the present situation.
Yes, this is a case of busybodies. The way to deal with it is to ask them
point blank, when they come around, what law you supposedly violated and
that you would like to see a copy of it. If they can't produce one tell them
to shove off or talk to your lawyer. These guys are used to barking out
orders and making up no existent laws on a whim because no one questions
them. In all honesty if this stupidity isn't stopped the next thing they
will do is tell you to dig up your garden because someone doesn't like the
colour of your Imperial Roses.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Nrrding a Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts