A true luxury car

     I have finally driven my 56 Imperial.  I have never owned a luxury car before.  This car is a long way from virginity valley, but she still is about the finest ride I have ever had.  I have other 30's, 40's and 50's cars.  The manufacturers have learned something in the last 50 years.  The man who bought an Imperial in 1956 really got something for his money. I dare say, that while it probably won't go around corners like my 98 Crown Victoria, 500 freeway miles will certainly be as easy in the Imperial as in the newer car.  Maybe better, since the Ford has the handling package, and rides like a coal cart.  The power in the Imperial just keeps coming.  The Ford will churp tires, and I have not had the courage to find out where it runs out of steam, but the Imperial has a power that  you can't describe.  It doesn't snap your njeck, it doesn't surge, it is just smooth, constant, and there.  It has a presence that is truely REGAL!  Imperial is a proper name for it.  Lincoln was a politician.  His side won the war, so he is revered. (I live in Illinos, Lincoln is well regarded here).  Cadillac was a French explorer.  There is a lot of pro and con about Cadillac, too.  There is no arguement about the meaning of Imperial.
     Since the books I have ordered have not arrived, I am wondering, could you order a 56 Imperial without power brakes, or is the booster somewhere other than mounted on the master cylinder?  The master cylinder looks just like the legstrong brakes I have on other cars.  My Imperial has power windows, power steering, power seat, and factory air ( and it all works!).  why would someone not have power brakes, too?  The pedal does not say "power brake", although it is the wide one I associate with power brakes.
     I am missing one wheel cover.  If there are more than one kind of wheel cover, I have a picture I can email someone.  Also, I need the chrome piece that goes between the left front wheel lip trim and the rocker panel trim. I'd like to get a good right one, although I can fix the one I have.

JOhn