68 door hinge?

Remember that door hinge deal on my green sedan?  Well, its working now!  I
have the replacement hinge, but mine is working now.  The mechanism that slows
down the door has not been working for years, but now the door is closing
right.  My guess is that the sleeve rotated or something, and now its holding
the door right.  When it stopped working, it was raining for days and days with
100% humidity.  Go figure.  My guess is that it will fail again in the fall
when the rains return.
D^2