Our new Imperial

We are now officially a 2-Imperial family. Last month we flew to New York
and picked up our new acquisition, a black on black 73 LeBaron coupe. We
drove  back on the interstate from upstate NY to Chicago,
then  back to SoCal on Route 66,
as much as possible. A great trip, and well worth the time, there's a lot of
really cool stuff to see on the Mother Road. We took tools with us, and
stopped at WalMart in NY for supplies before leaving, but happily didn't
really need much of either, the car ran great
all the way (we took a week) and got
17 mpg on the trip. Some tanks we got as much as 19!!  Aside from throwing
one of the alternator belts in AZ, we really didn't have any trouble to
speak of, and we drove home on the other remaining alt belt. This car is
going to be our daily driver car as we continue to work on the 67
convertible and (hopefully) turn it into a real looker.
Since we got back we seem to be spending more time piddling around with the
73 though, but that's probably
because it's new. It's a great driver and a lot of  fun, but then, what
would you
expect, right??

Roger and Michael in San Diego
67 Crown Convertible