Imperial Registry

To all:

I absolutely agree with Kenyon's comments about creating a registry, in that
it isn't going to happen unless someone is willing to volunteer the time and
energy to make it happen.

I'd be willing to tackle this project, but first I'd ask for some candid
feedback from other IML members.  Do you think it would be important to
have?  What information would you want to see?  Seems to me it would
obviously be year, model, color, options, VIN.  Then what info would you all
think is relevant?  Condition?  Photos?  Stories about the individual
vehicles?  Too much info?  To little?  Personally, I think the more info we
have the better.

I can work with Kenyon to set this up (oops...sorry, Kenyon, just
volunteering more of your time without asking first...), but only if the
majority of members on the list think it would be valid.

To get started, I'd probably want to contact all the list members
individually to gather data.  I think it would be a great resource for us to
have, but this thing will be a beast to organize.  I'll gladly put out the
effort and resources, but only if everyone thinks it would be valid
information to have!

If we do this, I'd also ask for patience from those members who have
previously provided this information.  From what I read on the list, I
gather that efforts have been made before to put together such a registry,
involving (I'm guessing) time spent answering questionaire forms.

Brace yourselves - I'll probably do the same.

I would also suggest that (if we proceed) we think about setting this
registry data format up on the server now rather than later, so information
could be uploaded in "chunks" as it is received, compiled and organized -
rather than sitting on someone's hard drive somewhere, ready to be lost.  It
could then be continually updated and refined.

What does everybody think?  Worth the effort?

Thanks

Michael
Castro Valley, California

1965 LeBaron
"Little old lady car" - per Kenyon Wills!