Car Security

Depends on the imperial.

If somone does make a hot rod Imperial of the classic
age (25 year+), it would be a target in many areas for
the after market parts, and/or sound system parts.

I've heard of k-cars and pintos being stolen for the
after market goodies in/on them. How much would say...
a 1961 Imperial be worth, if it were in good shape and
striped for parts... even if it is without many
aftermarket items? Enough for the trouble (especially
if you live in an Urban area were car theift #'s are
higher.... someone in NY city may have a higher risk
then a farmer in the bread basket...).

And I am sure no one would think anything of it if the
slowly saw Imperial parts on eBay and swap sheets- if
the theift sells everything "correctly", no one would
notice.

I've met people who have worked in or around chop
shops... you'd be surprised what they'd grab at times.
Your unlocked Imperial next to a alarmed civic may be
a bigger target... especially if the civic is in a
better lit area.