My Biiig Project

Jim;
 Would it be plausable with this engine to double up on the head gaskets to
lower compression. From what I remember this was the trick that mechanics
pulled with some high compression late 60's or early 70's cars to make them
drivable on lower octane gas. It might be worth investigating as it is less
tricky then water injection and less expensive then custom pistons. Another
possibilty might be to have the tops of the pistons dished out on a lathe if
you can take enough meat out without weakening them. Just brain storming.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.

P.S Do you think that the C.V joints can handle the extra power that you are
planning on putting through them? How about the tranny?