Cooling Problem Solution

With the water pump I bought, the difference was clearly the number of
>impeller blades.  The pulley is not part of the pump - it bolts on
>separately.
>
>Ken Miller
Even though the pulley does not come with the pump, a/c and non a/c cars may
have different size pulleys. The belt path is obviously different. I was
told on the MML that the a/c pumps have less impellers and a smaller pulley.
  Of course my discussion was about the small block ( I just did my '83).
The big block is different and the pump is separate from the housing so I am
not sure about them.  Haven't done my 440 since before I got my license
(1985)
ROb