bars

on 7/21/02 15:58, Robert Hanekamp at bobsmopar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi All
> I am having a problem with my torsion bars.
> I have the left one turned all the way in and the right one is almost all
> the way in.
> And I still bottom out on the left side when there is a bump in the road.
> Is there anyone that sells new bars for the 68 imperial.
> I have replaced the left one with one I had from my parts car.
> Is there difference between the 2 door hard top and the convertible.
> Thank you for any help on this.
> Bob

Bob,

Check your lower control arm bushings. I went through this on my '65, to the
extent of buying a set of used bars from a salvage yard and spending hours
and hours looking into having new bars made or finding something that would
fit.

Turned out that the adjuster on the left side was stripped and both bushings
were bad. Replaced the bushings and used an adjuster from the salvage yard
and my ride is like new. I still have the used bars I bought.

Best,
John
'65 Crown
Tucson