Imperial, no Chrysler

Just my $0.02 on this.........
I, too, am appalled about misinformation regarding proper Imperial naming
conventions; it's "Imperial", not "Impala" , "Chrysler Imperial" or any
other misguided nomiker.

One of the problems with "Chrysler" Imperial is that Imperial was
manufactured by Chrysler and the 2 names became linked for that reason,
since, for years until 1955, it was "officially" the Chrysler Imperial.
Unfortunately. "Chrysler" is the name of the "near luxury" make by Chrysler
Corp, to add to the confusion.
Of course, no one would call a Cadillac a "GM Cadillac!"."Chrysler Imperial"
an erroneous name that has been passed down though generations, so it's been
"locked in". There are many other cases of "identification errors" ; one
being the erroneouos use, in the case of furniture, of "Chaise Lounge"
(spoken as "Chayze Lownge"), when it is actually chaise longue, French for
"long chair". Unfortunately, such phrase and misinformation are pandemic in
our language and culture, and many others.

Further, Imperial has model names of elegance. "Imperial" is a regal
term...as is "Crown" and (the elegance of a fine coachbuilder, "LeBaron"),
The hardtop name is an exclusive name of implied elegance and luxury:
"Southampton". Cadillac has "Sedan de ville" (sedan of the city?), "60
Special" (what is that?). etc.The logo used on Cadillacs is, of course, the
coat of arms for the Cadillac family....founders of the city of Detroit.
Imperial uses a regal eagle......featured in many royal coats of arms...as
well as our own country's proud symbol. Lincoln has "Premiere" , "Capri" and
Cosmopolitan"...not the came regal connotations. (but "Continental" is
better). Of course, the name is from President  Abraham Lincoln, Henry
Leland's f (the founder) favorite president.

But I have rambled on here..

Imperial cars are rare unique jewels and I am proud that associations and
clubs such ads this are dedicated to the resoration, preservations and
appreciation of them. Keep the torch burning brightly, and Happy
Imperialing! Enroll the unknowing masses in impromptu "Imperial 101" classes
to keep the correct information and identification "out there".

Jeffrey