Chrysler Imperial

Same problem registering / insuring my 1983 Imperial (which is also not a
Chrysler).   The second digit of the VIN is the make of the vehicle, and I
pointed out to the nice lady behind the counter that my car was "A", not
"C".    She checked, and sure enough, all Chryslers (New Yorker, LeBaron,
Fifth Avenue, Cordoba, etc.) cars were "C" and, yes, my car was "A", but her
lists showed the car as a CHRYSLER Imperial.   Yes, "B" was Dodge, "P" was
Plymouth and "E" was Eagle, but "A" was Chrysler, just like "C".

I guess the effort and cost of re-writing all the books and computer
databases is just too much for any government bureaucrat to consider
changing for a few hundred Imperial owners.

By the way, your 1967 Imperial IS a C body - the first year.   Beneath that
gorgeous sheetmetal is a Chrysler New Yorker with a longer snoot.  The extra
3" in wheelbase of the 1967-1973 Imperial is in the engine compartment.
The Imperial was the "Y" car-line, while the Chrysler was the "C" car-line.
Which is where the confusion arises, the Chrysler being both "C" car-line
and C body.

Meanwhile, I drive a 1983 example of the "Y" car-line of the "A" make which
used the "J" body.

Bill
Vancouver, BC