From: TheCarNutz@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 6:09 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: 1954 Crown Imperial Limo & Thoughts on a Restoration

In a message dated 7/18/02 5:18:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time, kenleighton@xxxxxxx writes:

The only things that the car is missing are the impossible items that are limo only.  Is anyone also thinking about the hydraulic windows.

Ken: The windows on these cars are electric not hydraulic.  There are six electric motors & relays and a zillion feet of wire.  Here's a quiz for the day; there are six windows on these Crown Imperials, and the master control on the drivers door only has 5 switches.  The other front and 2 rear doors each have a single switch as does each quarter window...............................On the drivers door one switch makes the drivers door window go up and down.  The next switch makes the right front door window go up and down.  The next 2 switches enable the driver to put the rear door windows up only.  And finally the last switch permits the driver to only close the two quarter windows. The idea being the chauffer would not inadvertantly open one of the rear passenger area windows by mistake.  I hope I didn't bore anyone with this bit of information, but these cars certainly have interesting characteristics.
                                                       Bill B.