Avoid bumper boyz and other bad companies

bob siliani wrote:

> I also attended the show at Carlisle and personally viewed the rear bumper
> that was (rechromed) by bumper boyz (in the hood). For a two year old
> rechrome, it should not have started rusting out like it did. One of us must
> have spent a fortune already re-doing their chrome years ago on a show
> quality Imperial, and I would like to hear who they used and the relative
> cost. But most importantly, how the job looks today. Any comments?

     Well, I don't know about show quality, but I went
through a friend who manages a body shop to send my '72 Cuda
bumpers to Capitol Plating, I believe the branch in
Cincinnati, for rechroming. They have held up very well,
including two years sitting outside in all weather, although
its been garaged since '96.  I had the bumpers done in '94,
for $175 each, which included a bit of straightening.  When
they got back, I degreased the inner surfaces and used first
Rustoleum rusty metal primer, then Rustoleum satin black on
them.

Bill Parker, South Central Indiana
'62 Plymouth Max Wedge; '64 Dart Convertible (Kathi's car);
'65 Imperial; '65 Barracuda \6 (Kathi's other car); '68 Hemi
Roadrunner; '68 Barracuda Fastback 383-S; '69 Barracuda
Fastback now 360 (20 y.o. son's car); '72 Cuda 340