Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2002 7:03 PM
Subject: IML: Avoid bumper boyz

I have heard nothing good about Bumper Boyz...your
story is quite typical, and not surprising (the
environmental regs in California seem to make it
practically impossible to get a quality chrome job
done there).

I was initially turned off by the ghetto-esque
spelling of their name...made me think some guy in his
living room was just bondo-ing the bumpers and
painting them with metallic Rustoleum.

Tri-City Plating seems to have a good rep, as does
this shop out in massachusettes...can't recall the
name, however.  Also, a fiend of mine had a bad
experience with a shop in Richmoind, VA...again don't
knopw the name, but can find out...its the reason his
'62 New Yorker wasn't at Carlisle.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Piles of pitted chrome