From: cindy and mike becker <mbecker30@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 11:09 PM
Subject: IML: 67 heads

I just dismantled the 440 in my 67 imp convert, it has 915 heads with 1.60
exhaust valves, plus the smaller combustion chambers, I have a set of 906
heads redone that will replace them. I compared them side by side, could
discern no difference in the ports other than the smaller exhaust valve, the
external casting is a little different also. I'm going with the 906 heads
because of the larger exhaust valve and the larger combustion chambers,
which will lower the compression ratio and help reduce my detonation
problem.Most hot rodders today prefer the 906 heads. I do however remember
20 some years ago that the 67 heads were desirerable because  the small
chambers would boost compression and the small chambers gave a more
efficient burn, that doesn't apply anymore w/ today's gas.BTW my 67 vert
will have a new rebuilt engine installed(plus a rebuilt 727 and radiator
too) in a couple of weeks! Can't wait to cruise it!

thanks for the online fellowship, Mike Becker