Carlisle Scouting Report

Good Morning Imperial Fans!

    It's a beautiful morning here in the Carlisle area.  I just walked out
onto the veranda of the beautiful Ocho Grande Inn here in Harrisburg; the air
is crisp and the skies are sunny.  (For those unfamiliar with my flair for
hyperbole, I'm staying at the Super 8 next to the Taco Bell.  The weather,
however, is perfect.).

    It appears that my e-mails to the Weather Channel have not gone unread...
the forecast now calls for a perfect weekend (they cancelled the rain) with
highs in the low 80's through Sunday.  High today should be 79, with 54
tonight.

    I took a quick drive through the grounds at Carlisle last night - it
looks like the show-n-shine area will be larger than ever (have to make room
for those Imperials!).  I did not see the Imperial tent specifically, but it
should not be hard to find... the area is large and flat, and there are
usually no more than a half dozen tents, most located at the ends of the
aisles.  There's even a hill adjacent to the area so you can get a birds-eye
view should you so desire.

    So abandon all your plans for the weekend... the house will still need
painting, junior's bike will still need a chain, and the grass will still
need to be mowed.  They'll all be there for you Monday.  And how many
weddings can you go to in a summer???

    Load up the Imperial and head for Carlisle PA.  You west-coasters will
have to hurry to make it by Sunday!

See you there!
Steve Charette