Paint job

In a message dated 7/1/2002 10:24:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time, rind@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Buck, don't know where you found this painter, but he's doing you wrong! Even the Miracle Paint jobs on my 62's looks like an expensive, well done Job. Denis, Redwood City, Ca.

  I have been having quite a bit of trouble with the guy painting my 62. After having it for seven months the paint had runs, orange peel and a crack in it. I complained about it and he said ( This is a quote) "I didn't know you wanted a good paint job." He went on to explain to me that in 62 cars typically had runs and orange peel in the paint. I thought that Imperials most certainly would not. He also asked for more money.

   My question to all you good folks is did the original paint have serious flaws in them? And why would I want them on my car?